Diamond Forums Twitter Feed

Recent twitter entries...

How Does Clarity Effect The Appearance Of A Diamond?

In order to better understand this we need to look at a couple of things...
Firstly, let's look at the visual aspect, without being technical at all:
FL, IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS2, VS1 are all Diamond Clarities where no inclusions will be visible to the naked eye - this we know.
SI1 & SI2 Clarity Diamonds will have inclusions that may, or may not be visible to the naked eye. What many people do not realize is that these Clarities (particularly SI2) offer tremendous value for money and are a seriously good choice for those on a budget, but wanting a reasonable quality Diamond - Coupled with the right Color, an SI Clarity Diamond can represent a nice, well-balanced Diamond.
Now we get to I1, I2, I3.......I grade Diamonds do most definitely have inclusions that you, me, or anyone else will be able to see using the naked eye (although you would have to pretty close to see them). I Clarity Diamonds will also have less, fire & brilliance, but we'll come to that in a minute.....well, in the next posting anyway.
For more info, feel free to email me, I'll help if I can.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment